top of page
Kinard Core Knowledge Middle School
Take Our Virtual Video Tour of Kinard!
Kinard’s Sustainable Building Features
• Building Transparency & Open Design Elements
- Frequent use of natural lighting to minimize electrical lighting needs
- Solatubes and cloud effect architecture to maximize indirect sunlight into classrooms
Geo-Thermal Exchange Heating and Cooling System
- 100 underground wells (300 ft. deep).
- Use natural temp. of the earth to control building temp.
- 72 Heat Pumps
• Wind Powered Electrical Energy
- Kinard is 100% wind powered from Wyoming wind farms
• Super Insulation & Building Envelope
- 3 inch polyurethane spray-on foam insulation to minimize heat loss.
Other Cool Features
- Automated Energy Management System
- Non-toxic Building Materials
- Occupancy Lighting Sensors
- Micro-Loaded Building
See Kinard's Energy Star Profile CLICK HERE
bottom of page